Who Are We?
New Hackensack Reformed Church (NHRC) is a member of the Reformed Church in America (RCA). RCA is the oldest Protestant denomination in America. NHRC was founded in 1758. Our present sanctuary was completed in 1990. In 2008 we celebrated 250 years in ministry.
Who Attends This Church?
NHRC is a very diverse community of Christians spanning all age groups from many of the major denominations. While we have people who grew up in the Reformed Church, most of our congregation came from some other denomination such as Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, and Baptist to name a few. We believe this diversity of faith backgrounds is one of our great strengths. We believe we are all on a journey with Christ and can grow and learn from each other as we remain true to God's Word.
When Is Worship?
We worship Sundays at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. We invite you to worship with us. Nursery care is available. You are always welcome in God's house. Our pastoral staff is lead by our Senior Pastor, Reverend Keith W. Tamlyn. See our worship schedule on the home page for more information.
How Can I Serve The Community And The World?
Come join us as we show our neighbors and the world God's love through Jesus Christ. You do not need to be a "member" to participate in local and regional mission activities such as: Meals on Wheels, Hudson River Housing, Grace Smith House, Habitat for Humanity, Kairos Prison Ministry, Midnight Run, Blood Drives, Reformed Church Women's Ministry, and the Rural Migrant Ministry.
How Can I Grow In My Faith At NHRC?
Besides worship and serving the Lord in mission projects there are numerous ways in which you can learn and grow in Jesus Christ:
- Small Group Ministry through the ChristCare program. This program allows people to grow and share and learn about Christ and God's word in a small group setting.
- Short duration Adult Education classes – this can be anything from a seminar to a multi-week class featuring various aspects of the Bible and our Christian faith.
- Stephen Ministry, a one-on-one caring ministry to those needing someone to walk through a difficult time with them.
You do not need to be a member to participate in our Christian Education program.
What Programs Do You Have For My Children?
NHRC is a very family-oriented church. For your children, we have a very dedicated group of Sunday School teachers offering a full pre-K-12 Sunday School program at 9:15 a.m. In addition to Sunday School, we have listed a sampling of the many programs and activities we offer our children. You do not need to be a member to have your child participate:
- Youth Group – Whether it is just "hanging out" with other young Christians in a positive environment, having fun with trips, or mission projects helping people in need, NHRC has an outstanding group of young people who would love for your teenager to come and participate.
- CIA – Christians in Action Youth Bible Study
- New Hackensack Nursery School – Since 1965 New Hackensack Nursery School has been serving the community by providing a loving, non-sectarian pre-school for both 3 and 4 year olds. This program is open to all children in the community.
- Choirs and Bells – NHRC has a children's choir and an adult choir as well as youth and adult English Handbell choirs.
Do You Have Fun Things To Do?
NHRC has many ways to enjoy the fellowship of other Christians. Here are a few of the on-going programs:
JOY Senior Group (Just Older Youth), Annual Road Rally, Family Pizza Parties, Weekly Craft Workshops, Church Dinners, Christmas Drama, Birthday Dessert Extravaganza and Women's Fashion Show, Piggy Bank Bazaar, Concerts, Choir, Bell Choir, Brass Ensemble, and NHRC Orchestra.
What Is NHRC's Parish Health Ministry?
New Hackensack's Parish Health Ministry program was featured in The Poughkeepsie Journal. This unique ministry works to connect the mind, body, and the spirit and to serve the entire person. Our part-time Parish Health Nurse, Mary Lou Grott, is a registered nurse who is available to assist you in accessing the medical resources you require in your time of need. She assists with home and hospital visitation and coordinates volunteers who provide assistance with transportation to and from doctors' appointments and church events, meal preparation and emergency childcare. Additionally, NHRC's Parish Health Ministry offers: health activities and materials, wellness classes, senior exercise classes, health seminars, monthly blood pressure checks, and much, much more!
This is just an overview of the caring faith community of New Hackensack Reformed Church. We invite you to come any Sunday, and join us for worship. Come laugh and learn with us. All are welcome here.
You can find out more about our Church and its programs, by calling us during the week at 462- 0810, or exploring the rest of our website.